How to Safely Remove Wall Decals without damaging your wall
Removing self-Adhesive Fabric or Removable Vinyl from painted walls can be high risk. Even when you have removable wall decals, there is a specific technique for their removal.
Wall Decals can be removed safely by using the following technique. Do not rush the process!!!!! Work carefully and methodically.
1) First off, you are not waxing the wall so DO NOT, and I insist DO NOT pull off the decal fast as you would do a waxing strip, the paint might come off!
2) Pick the top right corner of the decal until you get it loose and there is enough material for you to grab with 2 fingers. If the wall is too cold (maybe during winter months) get yourself of a hair dryer and warm up the decal area making sure you do not burn down the house. Once the adhesive is normal temperature to the touch, gently lift the decal starting at that edge you just peeled away.
3) Now, this is important: THE PULLING. It is not as much pulling as it is PEELING the decal off the wall. You should hold the decal next to the surface rather than pulling from a 90 degree angle. From the Manufacturer: "Removal of wall fabric decals should be done at a 180° angle while pulling slowly against itself. The material is removable up to 6 months under normal interior exposure conditions and applications."
4) Start by grabbing that edge (the top right corner) and fold the decal onto itself by peeling off slightly. The motion should be peeling away from that corner, but your hand should be almost touching the wall, not away from the wall. You should be VERY slow now, remove by peeling off in the opposite direction of that corner until all the decal is off.
5) As you pull the decal away from the wall, begin heating the next section if you think it has benefited your cause. Repeat the process until removal is complete.
If paint has been removed, get some touch up paint that matches your walls. Most hardware stores can match your existing color. Try to avoid sanding your walls as that can create a larger mess than you want to deal with. Once your surface is clean and a touch up coat is applied to the damaged area, your wall should look immaculate.
Contact us if you have any further questions before attempting the removal.
ABOUT OUR MATERIAL: Our Adhesive Fabric is made out of 4.0 mil matte white polyester fabric with an acrylic removable pressure sensitive adhesive backed by a 90# sta flat liner. Our Self-Adhesive Fabric is formulated and manufactured to be chlorine and phthalate free. The combination of fabric and adhesive allows removability of this product from normal wall surfaces. The 90# release liner provides excellent stability for processing using standard Eco-Sol Inks.
How to Safely Remove Wall Decals without damaging your wallRemoving self-Adhesive Fabric or Removable Vinyl from painted walls can be high risk. Even when you …26th Feb 2020
Wall decals peeling off, HELP!What to do if your Vinyl Decal is peeling or lifting off your wall"Oh Great, look honey, they now ma …2nd Sep 2018
RED Friday GiveawayThank you for participating on RED Friday Giveaway!CONGRATULATIONS Winners of Dec 1st, 2017: …29th Nov 2017